Sunday, June 6, 2010

...Clothing


Okay...so check out this logic and tell me what you think:

I haven't researched this or anything. I'm just developing a hunch.

So what's the deal with the clothing industry?
  1. They put out a line of clothing.
  2. They market their clothing. (making it seem like you'll be cool if you buy their stuff)
  3. And then, as soon as you buy the clothing and feel a little bit cooler about yourself, 'THE STYLE CHANGES'.

Do styles change...or do business owners strategically change clothing styles to create a money making cycle wherein consumers:
  1. buy new clothes to be 'in style,'
  2. become unsatisfied with an outdated wardrobe at the turn of each season, and,
  3. buy more new clothes to be 'in style' again.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me think of Mrs. Davis @ CCS teaching a clothing class in christian living class and saying that we should buy "classic" clothing that will not go in and out of style...stuff that we can wear for a long time and is financially wise. I thought it was sooo funny then coming from her (whom I love) but it obviously made an impact on me that I still remember it :)

    ReplyDelete